NAWC Cybersecurity SymposiumFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) will host its inaugural 2019 NAWC Cybersecurity Symposium on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at the Army-Navy Club in Washington, D.C. The day-long event will bring together industry, regulators and federal partners to discuss emerging threats, best practices, and innovative solutions to address today’s complex cybersecurity landscape.
Event speakers include:
- Dr. Matthew Dunlop, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer for Under Armour
- James Turgal, managing director in Deloitte & Touche’s Cyber Risk Services practice
- Chris Inglis, managing director at Paladin and a former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency
- State public utility commissioners, Gladys Brown of Pennsylvania, Eric Anderson of Idaho and Mary-Anna Holden of New Jersey, who will share their perspective on how state regulation intersects with cyber preparedness.
A variety of industry and federal professionals will take part in three panels that will provide guests with additional technical insights and actionable takeaways:
- Best Practices – What your utility needs to know to protect its operations from the most common cybersecurity threats.
- Industrial Control Systems – The soft underbelly of utility business and service operations.
- The Policy of Protection – How government and industry work together to create relevant, timely, and innovative solutions that address today’s complex cybersecurity landscape.