Yes, some companies are still hiring.
I’m sharing all the resources I come across which lists available positions right now.
Sure, some of them are very general, for example, Amazon is hiring like crazy, but I’m obviously also trying to list out some InfoSec/Skilled tech roles as well since the overwhelming majority of our community work in IT Security.
Cybersecurity Roles Are Deemed As Being Essential
My understanding is that many Cybersecurity Jobs are regarded as being “essential”.
The main reason for this, of course, is because security professionals, essentially, keep the lights on. Take for example cybersecurity personnel in health care who are unable to work offsite; cyber engineers and risk management pros in the energy and utility fields; and IT workers responding to critical infrastructure cyber incidents.
I’ll update this list as soon as I see other resources and opportunities stream in. If you’d like to contribute please send us a message here.
- 1575+ Remote Jobs from 100+ Companies (updated google doc)
- Industries Hiring During COVID-19 Crisis
- Industries NOT Hiring During COVID-19 Crisis
- StillHiring.io – A searchable listing of companies currently hiring
- Startups Actively Hiring During COVID-19
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Google Cloud
The roles listed here are slightly more “general” but again – all these organizations seem to be hiring.
- Amazon – Hiring 100,000
- Safeway – Hiring 2,000
- EQRx (Boston)
- Stop and Shop
- Papa Johns
- Polk Mechanical
- Honeybaked Ham
- Blizzard Entertainment
- M&T Bank
- CVS – Hiring 50,000 full-time, part-time, and temp roles
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Naviga Recruiting
- Domino’s – hiring 10,000 workers
- Vonage (San Fran, Atlanta, Holmdel NJ, London UK, Wroclaw Poland, Barcelona and Tel Aviv)
- Fannie Mae
- Dollar Tree & Family Dollar – Hiring 25,000
- Walmart – Hiring 150,000 employees
- Honeywell – including +500 hires in Rhode Island
- Foundation Medicine – Hiring 100 in Boston
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- BioLife Plasma Services
Good luck with your job searches and stay safe during this difficult time.
I’d like to also draw your attention to a Slack Channel called CoronaHub which contained many of the links listed above.