InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
Botconf is an international scientific conference aiming at bringing together academic, industrial, law enforcement and independent researchers working on issues related to the fight against botnets. The topics of interest include:
– The functioning of botnets and of methods used to distribute malware related to botnets,
– In particular, the functioning of malware and command & control mechanisms related to botnets,
– The understanding of the organisation of groups involved in the development or the management of botnets,
– Methods to monitor, localize and identify botnets and distribution of malware related to botnets,
– In particular, methods to detect, mitigate and disrupt botnet activities inside ISP networks or organisations’ networks
– Technical, legal and other methods used to mitigate, investigate, dismantle or disrupt botnets.
– The economics of cybercrime activities behind botnets
We are very much interested in having more non-technical presentations at Botconf 2018, on law, criminology, analysis of behavior of suspects, etc.