February 15, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Conference Description (submitted by organizer)
AppSec Night: Topic#1) “Why The Web Is Broken”, Bill Sempf (@sempf)
You have probably been hacked. You might not even know it with all of the high profile newsworthy breaches in recent years. The fact is, so many web applications are easy targets these days. Why? The web is inherently insecure. If you build web applications there is a good chance you are writing sites that are easy targets. If you use web applications you may be an easy target as well. In this session we will take a look at the underbelly of the app security industry, discuss security principles and best practices, and see how to build better web apps and surf safely.
AppSec Night: Topic#2) “OWASP Top 10 – 2017 Overview”, Matt Scheurer (@c3rkah)
AppSecNight Topic#3) “Exploiting OWASP Vulnerabilities”, Cameron Maerz (@pwns4cash)
The CiNPA Security SIG is the Cincinnati Networking Professionals Association Security Special Interest Group. We meet monthly on the third Thursday of each month starting at 6:30 p.m.
The CiNPA Security SIG’s monthly meeting format typically consists of one or two main monthly meeting topics featuring live presentations or demonstrations promoting open and interactive group discussions. Our focus is primarily on the defensive side of information security, but we delve into all other areas of cyber-security as well. Information security news, announcements, and round-table discussions follow our main meeting topics.
• Attendance qualifies for 2 hours of CPE or CEU credit towards certification renewals
• Maintaining awareness of new vulnerabilities and exploits
• Learning about the latest security tools, utilities, products, services, solutions, strategies, techniques, frameworks, and best practices
• Sharing of information regarding trends concerning enterprise systems and technology
• Hearing announcements of upcoming area security conferences and events
• Networking with peers in the local InfoSec Community