International CARO Workshop
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
CARO was founded on the principle of exchanging information with trusted partners, so as usual, we are soliciting any papers concerning the workshop’s 2018 topic.
This year, we are seeking presentations with ideas that go beyond detecting and investigating malware and crime. Instead, the workshop is focused on the realization that beneath the visible surface of the Internet and technology in general, there lies a fascinating underworld that is not immediately apparent. We explore “What Lies Beneath.”
Topics can include:
– Undocumented APIs and Instructions
– Microcode attacks
– The Dark and Deep “Hidden” Web
– Hidden computing, such as Car Networks, Telcos, ICS, and IoT and the testing thereof
– Non-IP networks, such as Zigbee and LoraWAN
– The underground financials