September 10, 2018 - September 14, 2018
Conference Description (submitted by organizer)
Artiﬁcial intelligence has an important role to play in improving the resilience of society to both digital and physical threats, and in safeguarding the privacy of individuals, as the world becomes increasingly interconnected. Relevant AI techniques include: knowledge representation; probabilistic reasoning; machine learning; anomaly detection; image recognition; speech recognition; social network analysis; and many others. For example, anomaly detection and temporal data mining can enable the automated detection of physical and/or digital threats; while advances in AI for autonomous vehicles can allow robotic vehicles to be used to secure remote locations that are hazardous to humans, and for search and rescue. AI for physical security is also being successfully used in homeland security applications. To date the physical and digital security communities have limited opportunities to share their research ﬁndings and to engage with the wider AI community. This workshop will to bring together academic researchers and industry practitioners in a single location, to present and discuss their new research. It will also provide an opportunity for attendees to highlight current challenges in AI for digital and physical security, propose multi-disciplinary solutions, and showcase the application of AI in this domain.
This workshop seeks novel research, case studies ,survey papers and system demos in topics that include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Security Analytics Machine Learning; Security Threat Detection and Visualization; Future Threat Inference; Situational Awareness Monitoring; Automated Message Monitoring; Security Decision Support; Network Event Detection
– Finance Applications of AI to: Digital Currencies; Secure Payments; Detection of Tax Evasion or Money Laundering; etc
– Forensics Automated Physical Evidence Gathering; Data and Network Analysis; Digital Forensic Tools; Decision Support for Rare Events
– Images, Text & Networks Automated Crowd Scanning; Video Analytics; Damage Assessment; Automatic Detection of Hate Speech and Radicalisation on Social Media; Security Sentiment Analysis
– Physical Security Automated Monitoring of Secure Locations; Automated Threat Detection; Crisis Management; Sensor Data Analytics; Spatio-Temporal Reasoning; Reasoning from Distributed, Dissimilar and Noisy Data Stream
– Digital Security AI for Detection and Mitigation of Threats Such as: Spear Phishing; Social Engineering; Botnets; Intrusion, as well as AI methods for improving Penetration Testing
– Software Engineering AI Applied to: Design for Security; Program Analysis; Fault Detection; Compiler and Language Design; Veriﬁcation of Privacy and Security Compliance; Adaptive Security/Privacy
– Robotics Securing Remote or Restricted Locations; Operations in Remote or Dangerous locations; Roboguards; Search and Rescue
– Privacy and Identity Biometrics; Face Recognition; Innovative Cryptography; Anonymization and De-anonymization; Ethics of AI for Security.