Monterey Cyber Security Workshop
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
How the Workshop operates:
– We follow the Standard of Practice Approach
– Identify the key decisions surrounding the topic
– Identify the alternatives available today for these decisions
– Determine the basis for deciding between the alternatives
– Codify the decision for decision-makers in different circumstances
WE WORK TOGETHER TO LEARN FROM EACH OTHER Topics for MCS-2018 (half day each):
– Influence Operations
– Cybernetic systems are increasingly being used to parameterize, measure, analyze, and change the way people think and behave.
– Protecting people and societies they live in from the potentially serious negative consequences of deceptive practices and content is the topic of this discussion.
– Infrastructure protection
– Cybernetic systems compose sensors, actuators, communications, and control mechanisms, to operate technology that supports our societies and lives.
– Protecting people from the potentially serious negative consequences of failures in or abuse of these infrastructure systems is the topic of this discussion.
– Cybernetic systems include a vast range and number of sensors, combined with storage and analysis, that provide the means to track, report, and predict events.
– Protecting people from the potentially serious negative consequences of tracking, reporting, and predicting events is the topic of this discussion