31st Annual FIRST Conference
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams is an international not-for-profit organization bringing together a variety of security and incident response teams.
Taking place in Edinburgh, UK, this is one of the best Cybersecurity Conferences to attend in Scotland.
FIRST (the ‘conference organizer’) is comprised of over 360 member teams from over 80 countries representing government agencies, academia, commercial enterprises, and financial corporations.
FIRST is a front-line enabler in the global response community, providing access to best practices, tools, and trusted communication with its member teams.
Who can attend?
You do not need to be a member of FIRST to attend the Annual Conference.
Any individual with interest, involvement or responsibility in the field of incident response and computer security should attend. This conference will also be of interest to:
- Technical staff who determine security product requirements and implement solutions
- Policy and decision makers with overall security responsibility
- Law enforcement staff who are involved in investigating cyber crimes
- Legal counsel who work with policy and decision-makers in establishing security policies
- Senior managers directly charged with protecting their corporate infrastructure
- Government managers and senior executives who are responsible for protecting systems and critical infrastructures
Past participants have included information security practitioners, executive management, network architects, system and network administrators, software and hardware vendors, security solutions providers, ISPs, law enforcement, and general computer and network security personnel.
The Annual FIRST Conference promotes worldwide coordination and cooperation among Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs).
The conference provides a forum for sharing goals, ideas and information on how to improve global computer security.
This five-day InfoSec event in Scotland includes:
- Incident Response, Management, and Technical Tracks
- Featured invited and keynote presentations
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) & Birds of a Feather (BoFs)
- Lightning Talks
- Vendor Showcase and Exhibits
- Networking Opportunities
In addition to sharing FIRST’s mission, attending the Annual Conference will enable you to:
- Earn up to 25 continuing professional education credits
- Learn the latest security strategies in incident management
- Increase your knowledge and technical insight about security problems and their solutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest incident response and prevention techniques
- Gain insight on analyzing network vulnerabilities
- Hear how the industry experts manage their security issues
- Interact and network with colleagues from around the world to exchange ideas and advice on incident management best practices