BSides KnoxvilleFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
For the local neighborly scruffians, you know what you’re getting into.
For those of you that “ain’t from ’round here’, don’t worry. Knoxville is friendly, if scruffy, city and BSides Knoxville has a relaxed, come-as-you-are atmosphere.
Here’s a few quick facts about BSides Knoxville that set them apart from other security conferences:
- They paired with Cisco’s annual internal security conference, Offensive Summit.
- Their tracks are hosted in different businesses in downtown Knoxville’s Market Square.
- Two of these tracks are bars – the third is a business accelerator: Knoxville Entrepreneur Center.
- Breakfast will be served (usually donuts) and lunch. Water, soda, and coffee are available for free all day. Each participants gets two tickets for alcoholic drinks. You’re on your own after that. Roughly half of the attendees don’t drink, so we’re working on a system where they can get some cool swag instead. We usually do nice coffee mugs and cool handmade posters.
- Each speaker gets a personalized walkout song! We feel this is a great way to get the presenter and crowd pumped up. After all, two of our tracks are designed to be music and entertainment venues.
- It’s a one day conference that runs from 9 AM to 6 PM EST. We host a speaker dinner at 6:30 PM, immediately following the conference.
- We offer complementary speaker training, slide reviews and practice sessions to those that need or want it.
- Quiet, private speaker rooms are provided with extra snacks, drinks, and caffeine.
Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members. The goal of this event is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. It will create opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next-big-thing are happening.
If you live and work in Knoxville then we’d certainly encourage you to visit this event. Many BSides events are free.