May 3, 2019 - May 3, 2019
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Conference Description (submitted by organizer)
For the local neighborly scruffians, you know what you’re getting into.
For those of you that “ain’t from ‘round here”, don’t worry. Knoxville is a friendly, if scruffy, city and BSides Knoxville has a relaxed, come-as-you-are atmosphere.
Here’s a few quick facts about BSides Knoxville that set us apart from other security conferences:
- We’re paired with Cisco’s annual internal security conference, Offensive Summit
- Each of our tracks are hosted in different businesses in downtown Knoxville’s Market Square
- Two of these tracks are bars – the third is a business accelerator: Knoxville Entrepreneur Center
- We feed all attendees “breakfast” (usually donuts) and lunch. Water, soda and coffee is available for free all day. Each attendee gets two tickets for alcoholic drinks. You’re on your own after that. Roughly half of the attendees don’t drink, so we’re working on a system where they can get some cool swag instead. We usually do nice coffee mugs and cool handmade posters.
- Each speaker gets a personalized walkout song! We feel this is a great way to get the presenter and crowd pumped up. After all, two of our tracks are designed to be music and entertainment venues.
- It’s a one day conference that runs from 9AM to 6PM EST. We host a speaker dinner at 6:30PM, immediately following the conference.
- We offer complementary speaker training, slide reviews and practice sessions to those that need or want it.
- Quiet, private speaker rooms are provided with extra snacks, drinks and caffeine.