International Workshop on Cyber Range Technologies and Applications (CACOE)Follow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
The aim of the workshop is to discuss and exchange technologies and infrastructures required to simulate real systems with cyber incidents (e.g., simulation of benign or malicious users, evaluation frameworks, capability measurement). This includes experiences from using such technologies, e.g. for exercises and tests. The workshop will not focus on feature presentations, product presentations, nor marketing of different technical infrastructures for cybersecurity training and exercises.
The event invite papers from practitioners and researchers working in security, systems engineering, situational awareness, and related areas to submit their original papers to this workshop. Case studies (successful or not) related to cyber ranges are also encouraged.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Design of large-scale exercises
- Design of experiments
- Analysis/reviews/tests of tools and components for building large technical infrastructures
- Automated machine configuration and deployment
- Event and scenario management
- Simulation of benign or malicious users
- Event monitoring and evaluation
- Data management
- Event operating environments and scenarios modelling
- Metrics and maturity levels
- Measurements of training effects and capabilities
- Applications to test cybersecurity properties
- Human factors in training and exercises
- Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Security and privacy challenges
- Simulation of tools and components from various systems (e.g., industrial control systems, cyber-physical systems, legacy systems, etc.)