EventShows Cyber Security SummitFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
POOR CYBERSECURITY IS INCREASINGLY AFFECTING ALL LEVELS OF SOCIETY, WHETHER IT IS NATIONAL, LOCAL, OR PERSONAL.
With a few strokes of a keyboard, terrorist groups, nation states, stateless organizations, and rogue individuals can launch a cyber-attack at any time from anywhere, damaging and disrupting people’s democracy and way of life. To confront the problem, everyone’s help is needed.
The mission of EventShows Cyber Security Summit is to produce a multi-stakeholder consortium that brings together industry, government, and academic interests to improve the state of cybersecurity on both international and domestic level.
AT THE SUMMIT, WE BELIEVE:
- It is vital that industry and government work together on security issues.
- Threats to U.S. businesses are threats to the U.S. – the private sector is responsible for 85% of our critical infrastructure.
- The best tool available for combating cyber threats is information sharing.
- In the event of a breach, the investigation will proceed more quickly if you have established relationships with the appropriate government and industry resources.
- The threat environment is constantly changing, but there are resources available.
- Good security is good business.
Squarely centered geographically, home to many Fortune 500 multinationals, Minnesota bridges the divide between the technology sector on one coast and policymakers from the other, forming an operational and innovative cyber ecosystem.
- Represents all 16 critical infrastructure sectors.
- Headquarters of 17 Fortune 500 companies.
- Location of the largest privately held company in the U.S. (Cargill).
- Major health care sector, with UnitedHealth Group, Medtronic and over 700 health care/medical device companies.
- Strong retail presence with Best Buy, Target and Amazon technology development office.
- 7th ranked state for Science & Technology, with UofM TLI.
- Leaders aren’t just talking about cyber security, they’re doing it.