FISSEA ConferenceFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
FISSEA is a forum for Federal Information Security Educators to share effective practices, information, and solutions regarding cybersecurity awareness, training, and industry-recognized certifications for the federal cybersecurity workforce.
The 32nd Annual Conference will be held on June 27 – 28, 2019 at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Conference theme is “Innovations in Cybersecurity Awareness and Training: A 360 Degree Perspective”.
FISSEA attendees will gain insights into:
- Driving cultural change through innovative strategies in awareness and training;
- Strengthening your workforce’s knowledge, skills, and/or abilities through training and how that improves the risk posture of the organization;
- Developing awareness programs based on best practices, that are compliant, and promote safe security behaviors;
- Creating a cybersecurity training and education baseline that establishes minimum practices to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Adapting the training to address a multi-generational workforce and improving learning outcomes;
- Creating effective, meaningful, and impactful security training using available resources.
This event will bring together experts, visionaries, and novices from academia, industry, and government to share and discuss leading practices on improving Cybersecurity through Awareness and Training. This two-day conference provides:
- Recognition of those who are building innovative and effective security awareness and training programs;
- Presentations showcasing best practices and innovative ideas; and
- The opportunity to connect, learn, share, and network with other security professionals and thought leaders in industry, academia, and government.