HIPAA Privacy Rule ComplianceFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
While the HIPAA rules have been in place for years now, the focus of their application has recently changed as technologies and practices have changed, and changes to the rules are also on the horizon. In addition, there are changes in other regulations that interact with HIPAA requirements, and that require consideration in your planning. This session will focus on understanding what are the challenges that a HIPAA Privacy Officer faces today, and what are the areas of HIPAA that are changing. The session will discuss the latest topics of interest in detail and describe how they relate to the regulations and their enforcement today.
This session is designed to provide an intensive, one and a half-day training in HIPAA Privacy Rule compliance designed for both the seasoned HIPAA professional as well as the individual newly appointed to the position of HIPAA Privacy Officer, covering:
- The foundations of HIPAA and how they relate to the issues of today
- Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification under HIPAA
- Changes in Rules, Technologies, and Practices that Impact HIPAA Compliance
- Patient Rights and Controls on Uses and Disclosures
- New Guidance, and Other Regulations Related to Personal Information
- Challenges with issues today that didn’t even exist a few years ago, such as insecure communications, Ransomware, and the E.U.’s GDPR
- Interactions with the SAMHSA 42 CFR Part 2 regulations on information relating to substance use disorders