Lessons from OCR Audits – Risk Analysis Explained Step-by-StepFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The Phase 2 HIPAA Compliance Audit, increasing breaches of unsecured protected health information and rampant medical identity theft reveal a national crisis in HIPAA compliance.
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR), the HIPAA enforcement arm of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is ramping up enforcement. And a basic HIPAA requirement, Risk Analysis – Risk Management, is the key to protecting your business, whether you are a covered entity or a business associate.
Areas that are covered in the Session:
- What are OCR’s top priorities in HIPAA enforcement, learned from the Phase 2 Audits
- Why HIPAA Risk Analysis – Risk Management is essential for all Covered Entities and Business Associates, regardless of size
- What HIPAA Risk Analysis – Risk Management really is
- How administrative staff can do a complete HIPAA Risk Analysis – Risk Management efficiently, step-by-step
- How Covered Entities and Business Associates failed the Audits, and what can be done to avoid failure
- What are some common misunderstandings about the Individual’s Right of Access to medical records
- How to communicate with patients electronically and comply with HIPAA by following the “3 step safeguard”
- There is a secret to HIPAA compliance. The secret is that the HIPAA Rules are easy to follow, step-by-step when you know the steps.