Next Generation Cyber Security for UtilitiesFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
With the value of cyber-attack damage increasing quickly each year, it is more essential than ever to adopt a fresh and thorough strategy to cybersecurity for utilities. Among essential facilities that feel this pressure, few feel it more than our utilities. Cyber incidents have the ability to bring regional economic growth to a grinding halt, especially when they target the lifeblood of our modern civilizations. With threats becoming more sophisticated and gaining better resources, security experts must continue to adapt and improve their defense and reaction techniques to guarantee the uninterrupted production of power.
Through a series of presentations, sessions, and panel discussions, this event will cover some of the major current concerns of the industry.
- Leveraging cyber security to achieve resiliency without compromise
- Technological and strategic cyber security options for municipal utilities
- Early detection of threats to operational systems to enhance preparedness
- Building a real-time incident response plan to eradicate malicious files, software, and other harmful threats
- Deploying a set of controls to mitigate cyber attacks
- Analysis of whether to own security operations or to outsource to a third party
- Monitoring weaknesses exposed by guidelines to identify the main vulnerability areas within the organization
- The value of physical and cyber security convergence
- Recovery from breakdown