InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The FTC will be hosting its fourth annual PrivacyCon on June 27, 2019. For PrivacyCon 2019, the FTC is seeking research presentations on a wide range of consumer privacy and security issues, with a particular focus on the economics driving those issues. The call for presentations seeks empirical research responding to several questions, including:
- What new privacy and security issues arise from emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality?
- What are the greatest threats to consumer privacy today?
- How can one quantify the costs and benefits to consumers of keeping data about them private?
- What are the incentives for manufacturers and software developers to implement privacy and security by design in their goods or services and keep security up to date?
- Is there evidence that the market is able to provide efficient levels of privacy and data security?