SANS ICS Security Summit & Training
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The current industrial cybersecurity landscape presents a very diverse and chaotic picture of the threats facing industrial control system owners and operators. Attacks that cause physical damage or impact physical processes are no longer limited to theory or speculation. We are now seeing incidents where malicious actors successfully intruded, caused system damage and impacted operations using ICS-tailored malware. We need to be prepared to defend our control systems against increasingly sophisticated adversaries.
The annual ICS Security Summit is now in its 14th year and it will bring together practitioners and leading experts to share ideas, methods, and techniques for defending control system environments. In-depth presentations and interactive panel discussions deliver real-world approaches that work and make a difference for the individuals fighting this fight every day.
The ICS Security Summit will address different topics which include:
- Understanding what an attack against your organization will look like (deconstructing real-world ICS attacks and technical threats)
- Live attack demonstrations & the defenses needed to stop them
- Case studies and success stories
- System and organizational investment opportunities that reduce attacker effects
- Future attack vectors on ICS
- Mitigations – Defenders, governance, and controls