SANS SEC401 Security Essentials
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
Attending this course will give you an opportunity to learn the most effective steps to prevent attacks and detect adversaries with actionable techniques that you can apply directly when you get back to work. Experts will share some tips and tricks so that you can win the battle against the wide range of cyber adversaries that want to harm your environment.
If you’re wondering if SEC401 is the right course for you, you must first stop and ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you understand fully why some organizations get compromised and others do not?
- Are you confident that you would be able to find compromised systems on your network?
- Do you know the effectiveness of each security device and are you certain that they are all configured correctly?
- Are proper security metrics set up and communicated to your executives to drive security decisions?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then SEC401 will provide the information security training you need that is reinforced with a hands-on lab.
In this training, you will learn:
- How to develop effective security metrics that provide a focused playbook that IT can implement, auditors can validate, and executives can understand
- How to analyze and assess the risk to your environment in order to drive the creation of a security roadmap that focuses on the right areas of security
- Practical tips and tricks to focus in on high-priority security problems within your organization and on doing the right things that will lead to security solutions that work
- Why some organizations are winning and some are losing when it comes to security and, most importantly, how to be on the winning side
- The core areas of security and how to create a security program that is anchored on PREVENT-DETECT-RESPOND.