SANS Security Awareness Summit & Training
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The 6th annual SANS Security Awareness Summit is on and we’re getting ready for our biggest and best Summit yet! Every year, we strive to provide the very best forum for security awareness officers looking to take their program to the next level! Our promise is to provide actionable lessons you can take back and apply right away within your own organization, with a focus on your industry, employee base, and current maturity level. This two-day Summit includes expert awareness-focused talks, interactive discussions, networking events, and more!
The 2019 Security Awareness Summit will feature:
- Video Wars – Watch the different training videos organizations have created and hear from them how they created the videos, what worked and did not work, and why.
- Show-n-Tell booths – We have expanded the highly popular Show-n-Tell booths to support more booths and a dedicated session for attendees to interact with all the different awareness materials organizations have developed. This is a great opportunity to learn how organizations made the materials, which ones were the most effective and why.
- Onsite lunches – Stay for lunch and mix/mingle with other attendees.
- Interactive Workshops – In addition to industry leading talks we will host several hands-on workshops where you actually plan and build elements of your awareness program. From phishing assessments and ambassador programs to planning your own escape room, these highly interactive sessions are often the most popular of the summit.
- Evening socials – Take a chance to unwind and socialize with your peers at organized social events every night.
Optional 3rd-day workshop – Add a half-day of educational workshops and interactive sessions to your Summit experience!
Who should attend?
- Compliance Officers / Legal / Audit: Learn how to effectively ensure your organization is compliant with all standards and regulations that require any type of security awareness, training, and education.
- Security Awareness / Culture Officers: This event was made specifically for you, need we say more?
- Chief Information Security Officers: Learn what is involved in securing your employees, how you can better support your security awareness program and how to gain support from senior leadership.
- Security Engineers / Architects: For those of you who live in the world of securing bits and bytes, take a moment to learn the other side of security, the human world. When approached correctly, organizations are turning their employees into their greatest security strength. Develop new skill sets, advance your career and learn how to take your security program to the next level.
- Education / Training: Learn how to take your expertise in the world of training and education and apply that to the world of information security.