SANS Threat Hunting & IR Summit & TrainingFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
Chances are very high that hidden threats already exist inside your company’s networks. No matter how sophisticated and thorough your security precautions may be, you cannot assume your security measures are impenetrable. By themselves, prevention systems are insufficient to counter focused human adversaries who know how to get around today’s advanced security and monitoring tools. It takes highly skilled and focused hunters to defeat these persistent adversaries.
Hear from the experts and learn how to become an elite threat hunter.
This two-day Summit will bring together prominent security practitioners for in-depth talks focused on techniques that can be used to successfully identify, contain and eliminate adversaries targeting your networks. As a participant, you’ll walk away from this Summit with new tools and methods to leverage as soon as you return to work.
The Summit will explore the following:
- The effectiveness of threat hunting in reducing the dwell time of adversaries
- Operationalizing threat hunting
- Automated threat hunting: Fact or fiction?
- Threat hunting tools, tactics, and techniques that can be used to improve the defense of your organization
- Case studies on the application of threat hunting to security operations
- Innovative threat hunting tactics and techniques
- New tools that can help threat hunting for both endpoints and networks
- Perspectives and case studies that challenge threat hunting assumptions and can result in a shift in understanding