March 7, 2019 - March 10, 2019
Pasadena, California, United States
Conference Description (submitted by organizer)
The Linux Exposition of Southern California is proud to announce the 17th Annual Southern California Linux Expo – SCALE 17X – to be held on March 7-10, 2019 at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, California, near Los Angeles.
SCALE 17X will have the following specialized tracks:
- Security – Covering all topics in realm of open source security. These include: Security research, innovative security designs, cool tools, topical issues, “How to’s” to cost effective open source security solutions and everything in-between.
- Open Source in Enterprises – Both small businesses & large enterprises are adopting Open Source to reduce costs, for higher agility and improving quality. This will be the focus of this newly introduced track with an emphasis on on real world examples.
- Containers and Orchestrator – This track will cover container and container orchestration technologies, protocols, tools, and techniques, including Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos and DC/OS, Istio, gRPC, Nomad, Etcd, Consul, containerized desktops, and many others. Additionally, the Container Day will include in-depth technical talks about internals and new developments in containers and container orchestration. Submissions to this track will be considered for both the track and the Container Day.
- Open Data – This track will focus on the use of Open Data, data sets that are freely, readily, and easily available to the public. Talks in this track will seek to answer such questions as: What can be done with Open Data? What are the societal implications of Open Data? What are some interesting questions that can be answered through the use of Open Data in science, government, education, or other fields? What are some specific techniques to manipulate these data sets?
- Developer – This track coves a broad range of topics related to kernel, file system, and application development.
- Next Generation – This gives the Free and Open Source community youth leaders of tomorrow and users of today, the opportunity to spotlight their talents and ideas. This track is open to potential speakers aged 18 years and under.
- Mentoring – This track presents an opportunity for community leaders and experts from a variety of projects to share the knowledge and experiences they have gained from their respective projects.
- Embedded – This track covers topics related to Open Source Embedded hardware & software. Possible topic areas include but not limited to: IoT, Drones, Connectivity, Sensors, Automotive, Networking equipment, FPGAs etc.
- Libregraphics – Are you a creator that wants to share your workflow knowledge? An art application developer that wants to get the word out? Creative professional? Share you knowledge of graphics workflows, applications, interoperability, and other juicy tidbits at the Libre Graphics track!
- UbuCon – UbuCon at SCALE is two days of Ubuntu talks by the best experts in the community and a chance to gather and meet other Ubuntu enthusiasts.
- Observability – Sessions focused on open source approaches to metrics, tracing, and logging.
- The Next Generation – A track showcasing community activities by open source leaders of tomorrow. Sessions in this track will be presented by K-12 students.
- HAM Radio – Sessions focused on the overlap between open source and amateur radio.