Vienna Cyber Security Week 2019Follow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.
Building on past success, the 3rd Vienna Cyber Security Week will bring together national and international stakeholders in critical infrastructure and in cybersecurity for conducting information exchange, confidence building and enhancing awareness of the risks and state of practice for digital system protection.
The conference will have four thematic thrusts:
- Diplomacy – exploring international and cross border issues for critical infrastructure protection (CIP) and cybersecurity
- Technology – discuss the growth of the digital world and the implementation of digital systems and their protection
- Business – examine business risks, solutions, and opportunities in the digital world
- Science – present the current R&D in digital system security
The event will consist of multiple tracks over the course of five days, the conference seeks to enhance understanding of current approaches for cybersecurity worldwide, identify trends, and to provide a global forum for discussion. Special Tracks will include:
- Energy Security- protecting the uninterrupted availability of energy sources at affordable costs
- Finance Industry 5.0– addressing challenges for critical market infrastructure
- Cyber Challenges and Resilience in Transportation– prevention and mitigation of cyber impact on the rail, shipping, and other transport modes.
- Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection and Incident Response- establishing required capability, capacity, process, and resilience in combating cyber attack
- Smart City and Smart Protection- enhancing security for the internet of everything
- Combatting Cyber-Terrorism and Cyber-Crime – developing strategies and programs to counter malicious use of digital technologies
- Women’s Cyber Forum- promoting fair and equal involvement, capacity development and opportunity building