Wild West Hackin’ FestFollow @infosec_events
InfoSec Conference Summary
The description was submitted by the Conference Organizer. We sometimes edit it to enhance the listing.Add this conference to your favourites
The main goal of Wild West Hackin’ Fest is ‘Education’. This event is bringing in some of the best and brightest from the infosec industry for talks, workshops, and training. There will also numerous labs, an Escape Room and Capture the Flag event.
Below are some of the benefits of attending this conference:
- Education through Hands-on Labs – Considered as one of the most hands-on conferences in the industry. Studies show that you learn best by doing. That is why the event has numerous labs, a Capture the Flag, Escape Room and much more! Many are built in an environment that progressively increase in difficulty. So no matter the skill level, anyone can jump right in and begin learning. Or if you’re a seasoned professional you can quickly progress through to the more advanced stuff.
- Education through Talks – The organizers will be bringing in some of the best and brightest from the infosec industry for talks, training, and workshops. With more than 50 presentations on topics vetted by the community, you are able to target the one most relevant to your work. Speakers include actionable takeaways in their presentations that you can utilize as soon as you return to work.
- Networking & Collaborative Insight – Have questions? Their community is very keen on sharing expertise, and that is why they created an environment that makes it easy to connect and interact with the best in the industry.
- Sponsor Lab Interaction – The majority of sponsors at this conference are also bringing hands-on labs. They aren’t just there to sell but to educate as well. They created an atmosphere where you can test out vendor tools that you otherwise couldn’t.
- Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) – Need some of those? Yep, you get 16 CPE’s for attending the conference, and even more if you sign up for Workshops or the 2-day Training!
- Keep Employees Happy with Low-Cost Training – this one might be uncomfortable to discuss. But employee retention is a huge challenge in this industry. A great way to keep someone happy is to invest in them and develop their skills…and you (the employer) get to benefit from the knowledge gained!
- Two lunches and dinner included – There is no other IT conference in the industry that includes daily lunch and a Steak dinner. It might seem small, but travel expenses add up and at this conference, you get more bang for your buck with the conference ticket!