Africa ICS Cybersecurity Conference and Expo
We recommend this event for professionals who want to network with over 2,000 delegates across Africa and learn more about cybersecurity issues related to SCADA/ICS and how to enhance strategies to promote cybersecurity oriented initiatives.
The description below was submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, July 22nd 2019.Add this conference to your favourites
Technology and cyberspace are key enablers of Africa’s agenda 2063, Kenya’s Vision 2030 coupled with the current big 4 agenda on Manufacturing, Food Security, and Health which aims at using technology and innovation to transform Kenya into an industrialized and secure middle-income country. Given the role of ICT in Africa’s rapid economic growth, cybersecurity breaches and attacks have the potential to slow down economic development and growth. It is urgent and important to drive the spirited conversation on Africa’s Industrial Control Systems security. These systems are critical systems that need special attention against cyber threat.
The automation of industrial systems has steadily gained momentum while business demands continuous improvements in the efficiency of the production process, thus the depth of IT penetration and system connectivity grows continuously. The industrial facilities have been connected to corporate networks and are frequently managed remotely over the network. However, withstanding benefits, these new technologies have brought about new threats into the world of industrial automation, and these new threats came as a surprise. The Industrial Control Systems (ICS) in place today were designed to operate for decades, and many of them were developed without any serious regard to operation technology security. Single cyber-attack on the operating system can cause greater damage to the economy and even cause death.
The theme for 2020 is “Securing Africa’s ICS/SCADA Infrastructure from Cyber Vulnerabilities”.
Objectives for this conference:
- Promote ICS Cybersecurity governance from the C-Suite level of every organization
- Identify gaps and build capacity for strategic, technical and operational elements in the ICS security
- Address ICS cybersecurity operations and resilience through enhancing collaboration between and across industry verticals
- Facilitate partnerships that develop local industry and contextualize cutting edge cybersecurity solutions and services
- Expose the global technology solutions available to address emerging challenges.