IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp)
Event submitted on Monday, July 22nd 2019, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
For students and/or practitioners who focus on topics related to Big Data and Smart Computing, we recommend this event for you. A lot of professionals will be sharing their knowledge on various topics on these fields so it will be a good idea if you could also share yours.
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, July 22nd 2019, or created by us.
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines. The aim of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to give an international forum for exchanging information and ideas on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields. Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), Shanghai, China (2018), and Kyoto, Japan (2019), the 2020 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2020) will be held in Busan, Korea.
The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2020 is inviting authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2020 will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Techniques, models, and algorithms for big data
- Machine learning and AI for big data
- Web search and information retrieval
- Models and tools for smart computing
- Cloud and grid computing for big data
- Security and privacy for big data
- Smart devices and hardware
- Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
- Tools and systems for big data
- Data mining, graph mining and data science
- Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
- Big data analytics and social media
- Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
- Mobile communications and networks
- Smart location-based services