Event submitted on Wednesday, September 30th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
If botnets are your thing then this is a “must-attend”!
Si les botnets sont votre truc, c’est un “must”!
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Wednesday, September 30th 2020, or created by us.
Botconf is an international scientific conference aiming at bringing together academic, industrial, law enforcement, and independent researchers working on issues related to the fight against botnets.
The topics of interest include:
- The functioning of botnets and of methods used to distribute malware related to botnets,
- In particular, the functioning of malware and command & control mechanisms related to botnets,
- The understanding of the organization of groups involved in the development or the management of botnets,
- Methods to monitor, localize and identify botnets and distribution of malware related to botnets,
- In particular, methods to detect, mitigate and disrupt botnet activities inside ISP networks or organizations’ networks
- Technical, legal, and other methods used to mitigate, investigate, dismantle, or disrupt botnets.
- The economics of cybercrime activities behind botnets
- We are very much interested in having more non-technical presentations on law, criminology, analyses of the behavior of suspects, etc.
The focus of the conference is mostly technical, but papers on legal issues, economic aspects, criminology, and malware actor behavior as well as prevention initiatives are more than welcome and actually encouraged. Whenever dealing with personal data, submissions are invited to include provisions in relation to privacy issues.