Cyber Security Conference: Digital protection in the new decade
Event submitted on Monday, July 27th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
(edit this info)
This looks like an excellent security event taking place in Manchester, United Kingdom. I’m in total agreement about data being the “new oil” as the description of this conference states. Highly recommended, not least if you work in the UK. The other point to mention about this virtual event is that it’s free to attend! The organizers only ask that you are indeed an InfoSec professional. Hit the link above my review to visit their page, and we wish the organizers of this event the best of luck with it.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, July 27th 2020, or created by us.
Please note this is a free to attend event for professionals working in the cyber security field. If you are a supplier, please contact us on 0161 295 3000
In the futuristic-sounding year of 2020 in which we find ourselves in, data is worth more than oil. With data breaches rising year on year, how do we tackle cyber threats in the new decade and the current climate we have found ourselves in?
Salford Professional Development is proud to be holding our fifth annual Cyber Security Conference. Bringing together experts and industry professionals in what promises to be an engaging and informative day.
This event will focus primarily on the challenges faced since the pandemic and the ways in which cybersecurity has had to adapt to the increased changes. As an example, based on a recent study, attacks aimed at at-home workers with malicious emails, increased from an average of 12% to more than 60% in May 2020.
Join and discover a wealth of information to assist with your organization’s cybersecurity needs.
- Yochana Henderson MBE – Identity PM, Microsoft /Former Head of Digital Identity Management, UK Parliament
- Beverley McGowan – Chair of the Cyber Expert Group, Cyber Resilience Centre for Greater Manchester
- Peter Warren – Chairman, Cyber Security Research Institute
- Shelton Newsham – Cyber Protect Lead and Cyber Prevent Lead, Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
- Sal Uddin – Category Director, Software and Cyber Security, Crown Commercial Services
Highlights of the Cyber Security Conference include:
- Breakout sessions with live Q&A
- Online chat capabilities with cyber experts
- Access to exhibitors’ virtual booths
- Downloadable resources
- Fantastic prizes…. and much more!