USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST)
Event submitted on Thursday, February 27th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
This is one of the oldest running events that we have listed in California in 2020. USENIX is a highly respected organization so if Unix/Linux is your thing then absolutely get yourself to this event taking place in Santa Clara. The conference focuses on storage (and the importance therein which by proxy will also include security of course).
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Thursday, February 27th 2020, or created by us.
On February 24 – 27, 2020, the 18th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST ’20) will take place in Santa Clara, California, United States, at the Hyatt Regency. FAST will gather storage-system practitioners and researchers to discuss new directions in the design, implementation, evaluation, and deployment of storage systems.
FAST ’20 will also provide in-depth training in the effective tools, most recent techniques, and best strategies. Register soon to guarantee your first choice—seating is limited.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Archival storage systems
- Auditing and provenance
- Big data, analytics, and data sciences
- Caching, replication, and consistency
- Cloud storage
- Data deduplication
- Database storage
- Distributed and networked storage (wide-area, grid, peer-to-peer)
- Empirical evaluation of storage systems
- Experience with deployed systems
- File system design
- High-performance file systems
- Key-value and NoSQL storage
- Memory-only storage systems
- Mobile, personal, embedded, and home storage
- Parallel I/O and storage systems
- Power-aware storage architectures
- RAID and erasure coding
- Reliability, availability, and disaster tolerance
- Search and data retrieval
- Solid-state storage technologies and uses (e.g., flash, byte-addressable NVM)
- Storage management
- Storage networking
- Storage performance and QoS
- Storage security