6th International Conference on Software Security (ICSS) 2020
Event submitted on Tuesday, October 13th 2020, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
This would be an interesting conference for software developers and similar.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Tuesday, October 13th 2020, or created by us.
6th International Conference on Software Security (ICSS 2020) is traditional, security in software has been thought to be something that can be easily added on as a patch, post-development, and sometimes even after the deployment of the software.
According to the US-Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), “most successful attacks result from targeting and exploiting known, non-patched software vulnerabilities and insecure software configurations, many of which are introduced during design and code.” Hence, it is imperative that secure design, coding, and testing principles as well as deployment and maintenance are thoroughly embedded in the software development lifecycle. At the same time, software security is very inter-disciplinary, as the software is being developed for a variety of applications – web, Internet, database, single and distributed computer systems, etc.
In the above context, the Sixth International Conference on Software Security brings together researchers, faculty, students, and industry professionals who are experts in different domains of computer and information security, but all leading to the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of secure software. We invite papers that are both theoretical as well as practical in nature, from both academia and industry. Some of the topics of interest (but not limited to) are:
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Principles and Models for Secure Software Design
- Secure Coding Standards and Their Implementation
- Software Security for Wireless and Mobile Applications
- Software Security for Database Systems
- Software Security for Web and Internet Applications
- Security of Open Source Software
- Software Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Risk Analysis for Software Security
- Software Security Attacks and Solutions
- Static and Dynamic Code Analysis for Software Security
- Validation, Verification, and Testing for Software Security
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing for Software Security
- Cryptography for Software Security
- Firewalls and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems for Software Security
- Software Penetration and Protection
- Measurements and Metrics for Software Security