Minorities in Cybersecurity Conference
Event submitted on Tuesday, February 18th 2020, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Fantastic to be able to list this event taking place in Dallas, Texas, and we wish the organizers the best of luck with this conference. We understand that this is the second year that this event has been running and we wish it to continue in perpetuity! Let us know if you attend and whether you’d be willing to drop a review below.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Tuesday, February 18th 2020, or created by us.
The best way to achieve success is to share knowledge. MiC was designed by industry leaders to develop the next great cybersecurity leaders. MiC is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the career development and leadership of the MiC members.
The inaugural conference will be held on September 22 – 23, 2020 in Dallas, Texas.
The organizers strive to create the best possible content for this event. The goal is to help participants find practical solutions to the challenges they may be experiencing in their careers. Some of the topics include:
- How to transition or obtain your first role in cybersecurity?
- How to negotiate the best salary possible?
- The importance of developing your personal brand?
- What leadership skills do you need to get promoted to manager? To the executive level?
- How to collect and develop the skills you need to build your career?
- How to deal with unconscious bias in your company’s culture?
- How white people can hold each other accountable and be advocates for people of color?
- What are the things men can do to help support women?
- How to develop the mental resilience you need to obtain your own level of success?
- And many more……