5th International Workshop on Privacy, Data Assurance, Security Solutions for Internet of Things (PASS4IoT)
Event submitted on Tuesday, August 11th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
This conference has everything to do with IoT. If that is an area of interest to you, and you’re living in China or in APAC then try to attend this event. The importance of being able to secure IoT is vital and a lot of the IoT industry hinges on the ability to secure data in transit or storage. I hope that by the time this conference in Guangzhou, China, comes around the COVID situation has calmed down to allow for travel into the country.
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Tuesday, August 11th 2020, or created by us.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is unleashing the next wave of innovations due to its inherent capability of interconnecting everything in the physical world. The IoT does have the massive potential of providing social and economic benefits, however, the privacy, data assurances, and security are main concerns in IoT, and many challenging issues need to be tackled quickly and effectively.
One significant challenge is the exposed security and privacy concerns since the globally connected devices pose more hidden security and privacy risks. On the other hand, it is very difficult to deploy advanced cryptographic algorithms and protocols due to hardware constraints. To pave the way for a brighter Cloud-IoT future, many technological aspects need to be considered, such as data security, privacy, access control, information assurance, trust management, secure service interoperability, and mobility.
This workshop is focusing on exploiting feasible ways of improving privacy, security, and data assurance in Cloud computing, IoT, and promoting IoT applications.
- Privacy and security issues in IoT
- Physical-layer security
- Cyber-physical system
- SCADA system security
- Zero Trust Security in IoT
- Blockchain in IoT
- Lightweight cryptography for IoT
- Secure Machine-to-machine communications
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Vulnerability, exploitation tools, Malware, Botnet, DDoS attacks
- Mobile security, Android security, and trusted devices
- Security metrics and performance evaluation, traffic analysis techniques
- Social, economic and policy issues of trust, security, and privacy
- Security on low-power computing devices
- Trust establishment in IoT users
- Forensics in IoT