SANS Cyber Camp for Teens
Event submitted on Tuesday, July 21st 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Certainly one of the more interesting events taking place in 2020! This is a fantastic idea and we are seeing more of these kids-cyber events cropping up over the years. Another organization I can think of that has events is based in Australia and organizes the SecuriDay events.
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Tuesday, July 21st 2020, or created by us.
SANS introduces the first-ever SANS Cyber Camp for Teens. If you’re interested in a career in cybersecurity and you attend high school or junior high, this event is for you!
The camp brings together a group of cybersecurity experts, discussing the latest topics and trends in IT Security. This free Live Online training event includes:
- IT Security-Focused Talks – The industry’s top practitioners will present a series of short, age-appropriate talks on Coding, Using Technology Responsibly, Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensics, Security Awareness, and more!
- Workshops – These hands-on activities are designed to help you learn in a safe and fun environment and do what the professionals do every day.
- Interactive Discord Server – Network with teens with similar interests and communicate directly with the speakers. Ask questions and get involved in the conversation.
To participate in Cyber Camp, you must:
- Be at least 13 years of age; or if under 13 a parent or guardian must register on your behalf
- You must agree to receive essential camp communication via email. (Please note that your personal information will be kept private and emails will only be sent to communicate camp details.)