SANS Threat Hunting & IR Summit 2020
Event submitted on Thursday, May 14th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
Stay Safe, Stay Strong and we'll see you on the other side. Your friends at InfoSec Conferences.
Share this InfoSec event on Social Media
This event has been tagged as follows:
Another awesome event by SANS!
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Thursday, May 14th 2020, or created by us.Add this conference to your favourites
Will you be the hunter or the prey?
Chances are very high that hidden threats already exist inside your organization’s networks. No matter how thorough and sophisticated your security precautions may be, you cannot assume your security measures are impenetrable. By themselves, prevention systems are insufficient to counter focused human adversaries who know how to get around today’s advanced security and monitoring tools. It takes highly skilled and focused hunters to defeat these persistent adversaries.
Hear from the experts — Learn how to become an elite threat hunter.
The two-day Summit brings together prominent security practitioners for in-depth talks focused on techniques that can be used to successfully identify, contain, and eliminate adversaries targeting your networks. As an attendee, you’ll walk away from this Summit with new tools and methods to leverage as soon as you return to work.
The Summit will explore the following:
- The effectiveness of threat hunting in reducing the dwell time of adversaries
- Operationalizing threat hunting
- Automated threat hunting: Fact or fiction?
- Threat hunting tools, tactics, and techniques that can be used to improve the defense of your organization
- Case studies on the application of threat hunting to security operations
- Innovative threat hunting tactics and techniques
- New tools that can help threat hunting for both endpoints and networks
- Perspectives and case studies that challenge threat hunting assumptions and can result in a shift in understanding