SPIE – Security + Defence Digital Forum 2020
Event submitted on Monday, September 14th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Absolutely fascinating security event that will be taking a good look at Cyberwarfare and addressing anticipated challenges in 2021 and onwards that continue to emerge within asymmetric warfare. We’ve flagged this event as being of interest to those working for the UK Government since it contains a lot of pertinent information to the future of conflict resolution and military execution.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, September 14th 2020, or created by us.
The SPIE Security + Defence conference will cross the divide between the application of the underpinning technologies in advanced defence and security systems and fundamental optical science.
Have an opportunity to interact with scientists, fellow engineers, policymakers, and programme managers on the most recent developments in data and signal analysis, quantum science, sensing, optical technologies, and funding programmes.
This event will also address new challenges that continue to emerge like asymmetric warfare: military operations in the urban theatre; network-enabled capability/network-centric warfare evolve; and peace-keeping. The free exhibition will provide access to more than 30 participating organizations as you make connections with project partners and suppliers.
Topics will include but are not limited to the following:
- Target and Background Signatures
- Electro-Optical and Infrared Systems: Technology and Applications
- Electro-Optical Remote Sensing
- Technologies for Optical Countermeasures
- High Power Lasers: Technology and Systems, Platforms, Effects
- Emerging Technologies
- Millimetre Wave and Terahertz Sensors and Technology
- Optical Materials and Biomaterials in Security and Defence Systems Technology
- Counterterrorism, Crime Fighting, Forensics, and Surveillance
- Quantum Technologies and Quantum Information Science
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for Micro- and Nanosystems in Security and Defence
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Defence Applications
With a European focus, this conference attracts over 400 participants in the security and defense sector, and is collocated with SPIE Remote Sensing, which will allow attendees to also take advantage of the cross-section of around 800 participants and over 300 presentations, working in a technical area rich in solutions for the security and defence community.