The Web Conference
Event submitted on Monday, January 6th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Whilst not strictly a “Cybersecurity Conference” we’ve included this event because the organizers have (and always have) gone to great lengths to predict the future of the web with this conference. Predicting the future of the Internet is something which, of course, impacts us all – not least with regards to important matters like our Privacy and Security. Taking place in Taiwan we’d certainly recommend you attend this event.
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, January 6th 2020, or created by us.
The Web Conference series has been around for almost three decades and has been one of the premier venues for academics, researchers, standard bodies and businesses to gather and explore the most recent updates and the future of the Web.
One important part of the conference is their Demonstration Track where professionals share their exciting and cutting-edge web-based prototype systems with significant development and research efforts. The Demonstration tracks will also allow practitioners and researchers to demonstrate first-hand visionary systems with innovative functionalities and features in a dedicated session. Submissions must be based on a tested and implemented system that pursues one or more innovative ideas in the interest areas of the conference.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Security, privacy, and trust
- Health on the Web
- Crowdsourcing systems and social media
- Behavioral analysis and personalization
- New human-computer interfaces
- Bio-feedback and emotional computation
- Pervasive Web and mobility
- Internet economics, monetization, and online markets
- Semantic Web, content analysis, and Web mining
- Semantics and knowledge
- Web infrastructure: datacenters, cloud computing, and systems
- Social networks, social analysis, and computational social science
- Mobile, ubiquitous, ambient, and pervasive computation, Web of Things
- User modeling, personalization, and experience
- Web science, Web search, and Web systems