Vehicle By Motion Control and X-By-Wire
Event submitted on Friday, July 24th 2020, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Highly recommended if you work within this fascinating space. The folks at IQPC pave the way with organizing events within this niche.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Friday, July 24th 2020, or created by us.
Advanced integrated vehicle motion control strategies and x-by-wire systems for improved safety, performance and fuel economy in the age of highly automated vehicles.
With the rising demands in vehicle safety, performance, comfort and not to forget, fuel economy, a new approach to vehicle motion control is needed. Whereas in the past, all the systems of the chassis were controlled by separate ECUs, companies in the automotive domain are now working towards combining these systems and creating a global, vehicle level, control architecture. This, of course, brings new challenges to the table, not only of technical nature but also of organizational and even “political” one. Looking at furthering the efficiency of modern vehicles, x-by-wire systems play a special role. The prospect of not having heavy, spacious mechanical components, but instead electronic commands to actuators control the vehicle motion, is a good one and a lot of R&D activities are directed towards introducing cost-efficient and reliable by-wire systems into the car. In this conference, you will learn from top experts from OEMs and Tier1s and their suppliers, how to tackle the challenges associated with introducing these new technologies. You will:
- Learn how to deal with the complexity of a global control system on a technical level
- Find out what the new architectures should be that incorporate autonomous driving and how to change company organization to adjust to the new realms
- Discuss new possibilities for standardization of software and interfaces and minimizing costs, risks and validation time
- Discover how to gain customer acceptance of new drive-by-wire systems
- Listen to experts in functional safety and model-based development on how to ensure the safety of complex systems
- See what developments are made in redundant systems in electrified vehicles