International Workshop on Reliable and Secure Internet-of-Things and Wearables (WeaRIoT)
Event submitted on Monday, July 20th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
A fascinating virtual event for those involved with everything to do with IoT. Highly recommended and we wish the team the best of luck. Our understanding is that it is being organized (or held?) by the Brno University of Technology.
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, July 20th 2020, or created by us.
The myriad of new Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices mushroom around us every year, slowly but steadily forming the future smart infrastructure and contributing to improving the way we live and act. Simultaneously, the trend of personal handheld devices miniaturization allowed for developing a new IoT niche, namely, wearables and smaller resource-constrained devices. The traditional IoT and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) solutions and technologies are often implemented as best-efforts with providing no or very limited Quality-of-Service (QoS) as well as security/reliability control, which is of specific interest for the sensitive data collected and sent by wearable electronics. For this reason, the workshop provides a forum to discuss the various issues, trade-offs, methods, and practical experiences related to the current state and the further improvement of security, reliability, and dependability of IoT in general, and the wearables, as an essential part of modern IoT ecosystem. Even though the primary focus of the workshop is on the reliable and secure wireless communication for IoT and wearables, the papers addressing other relevant aspects (e.g., computing, sensing, positioning, or design methodologies) also fill within the scope of interest of the forum. The Workshop is targeted to bring together top specialists and stimulate cutting-edge research discussions among academic researchers and industry from all around the world.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Security and reliability challenges related to IoT and wearables.
- Energy efficiency vs. reliability and energy efficiency vs. security tradeoffs for wearables and IoT.
- Reliability and security aspects of wireless communication for IoT and wearables.
- Reliability and security performance of state-of-the-art and perspective IoT wireless communication solutions.
- Methods and techniques to improve the reliability/dependability/security for IoT communication and operation, IoT applications, and wearables.
- Trade-offs for reliability, security, safety, performance in IoT and wearables.
- Security and privacy including trustworthiness in IoT and wearables.
- Intrusion detection and prevention including malware in IoT and wearables solutions.
- Threat modelling and risk assessment in IoT and wearables.
- Solutions for reliable and secure architecture or infrastructure for IoT and wearables.
- Industrial IoT.
- Advanced localization and positioning starategies for IoT and wearables.
- Reliable sensing and data processing for IoT and wearables.
- Data processing aspects of IoT and wearables.
- Design of IoT/wearable devices and systems for reliability and security.
- Reliability/Security standardization and certification for IoT and wearables.
- Computational and storage offloading of wearables and IoT devices.
- Results of practical experiments and real-life deployments, especially in wearables and Industrial IoT domains.