3rd Utility Cyber Security Forum
Event submitted on Monday, December 28th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
[edit this info]
Highly recommended SCADA event which we believe will be a physical event. For those interested in Cybersecurity Conferences specializing in SCADA then hit this link to see our recommended events of the year.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Monday, December 28th 2020, or created by us.
According to a recent analysis by KPMG, about half (49%) of power and utility CEOs surveyed say that becoming a victim of a cyber attack is now a case of ‘when’, and not ‘if’. Despite this, only half (51%) say that their organizations are well-prepared to deal with a cyber-attack.
The need to protect substations and distribution and transmission infrastructure from cyberattacks is of paramount importance to utilities, as grid SCADA and PLC grid control networks are inherently a weak link for cyber threats.
To help utilities meet this challenge, SGO’s 3rd Utility Cyber Security Forum, October 6-7, 2021 in Chicago, offers a focused venue in which utility executives can network one-on-one with colleagues facing similar issues. Presentations by leading White Hat hackers, vendors, utilities, and technology thought leaders provide invaluable insight and guidance into making the network secure from cyber threats. The interactive format allows for a focused, networking-centric setting in which utility peers and solution providers can share insights and lessons learned.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Cyber security as it relates to reliability and system safety
- Designing defense-in-depth networking strategies
- Dealing with various protocols in the network (utility protocols, manufacturing protocols, etc.)
- Data protection
- Architecting a network security solution to address cyber threats
- Blockchain applications in a distributed energy scenario
- Creating a culture of cyber compliance within a utility
- Holistic approaches to achieving greater network visibility
- CIP 13 – vendor management – what does it entail?
- Integrating natural gas, oil and pipeline industry as it relates to smart grid, SCADA & control systems security
- Addressing the IT / OT divide
- Protecting substations and distribution and transmission infrastructure from cyber attacks
- Dealing with advanced persistent threats that exploit flaws in industrial control systems