Cyber Security in a Rapidly Changing World
Event submitted on Saturday, July 31st 2021, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
[edit this info]
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Saturday, July 31st 2021, or created by us.
It’s back for its fourth year. Dynamo in partnership with Accenture and the Innovation Supernetwork is hosting #CyberFest, a series of events across the North East during September 2021 that highlight the breadth of cybersecurity talent across the region. Last year was 100% virtual and we are hoping for a mixture of online and hybrid events.
We look forward to bringing together our North East cybersecurity network to have fun, learn and engage together. #CyberFest is free of charge to attend, with no limit on the number of registrations.
Another year of high-profile cyber attacks but what really happened and how the human element can be your biggest issue.
- Welcome and introduction to CyberNorth – Phil Jackman, Dynamo North East
- What’s happening out there? – Freha Arshad, Senior Manager, Accenture Security
- What happened at Newcastle University? – Mark Ferrar, CIO, Newcastle University and Jason Bain, CISO, Newcastle University
- Managing security in zero trust networks – Sam Hehir, Lead Security Architect, DWP Digital
- ‘What lessons can we learn?’ roundtable discussion
- The impact of remote working: threats, opportunities and solutions for your business – Chris Fraser, Managing Director, Aspire Technology Solutions
- Using open source intelligence in cyber security – Craig Hays, Security Architect, Greencore
- Communicating cyber safety – the importance of having a conversation with your people and how you can do it – Danielle Phillips, Founder and Director, Inside Out Communications
- Summary – Phil Jackman
Date and time: 7 September 2021 15:00 – 18:00
Location: Newcastle University or online