#CyberFest 21 – Cyber Security Skills and Employment Opportunities
Event submitted on Thursday, August 12th 2021, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
These folks are organizing a ton of excellent security conferences all year – highly recommended!
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Thursday, August 12th 2021, or created by us.
Cyber Security Skills and Employment Opportunities
There are so many opportunities to work in cyber security across the region. In this event find out what is happening in the North East and nationally to help people choose cyber as a career.
- Date and time: 23 September 21 16:00 to 18:00
- Location: Hybrid at Sunderland College (numbers are limited 20 – 30)
- Confirmed speakers:
- Welcome and introduction to CyberNorth – Phil Jackman, Dynamo North East
- CyberFirst – Philip Anderson, Senior Lecturer at Northumbria University
- T-levels – Sam Ogle, Curriculum Manager – Digital at Sunderland College and Hartlepool Sixth Form at Sunderland College
- What we have found from our work on cyber security skills – Phil Jackman – Dynamo North East
- What is missing in cybersecurity education and what are the key skills needed for jobs going forward in Industry 4.0
- Dr. Meera Sarma Cybersecurity Specialist and Director, Cystel and Dr. Thomas Matheus, Cyber Security and AI Researcher
- Live Tour of Sunderland College – Sam Ogle
- Summary and close – Phil Jackman – Dynamo North East