#CyberFest 21 – Cyber Security and Fraud
Event submitted on Friday, August 6th 2021, approved by Content Team ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Another brilliant event taking place in the North East of the UK. I think – please check – that these events are taking place physically, but please double-check that. We wish the organizers the best of luck with their range of events and thank them for having taken the time to submit their security meetups.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Friday, August 6th 2021, or created by us.
Cyber security and fraud, what is happening, what you can do about it, and the ethics of your action or inaction. Joint event NEFF and NIBE
- Date and time: 16 September 10 – 13:00
- Location: Online
- Confirmed speakers:
- Welcome and introduction to CyberNorth – Phil Jackman, Dynamo North East
- Introduction to the North East Fraud Forum – Alan Brown, NEFF
- The relationship between cyber security and fraud – Paddy O’Keefe Regional Economic Crime Coordination Centre – RECCC at NERSOU
- The lawyer’s role in managing the aftermath of cyber security incidents – Jonny Gribben – Managing Associate Womble Bond Dickinson
- Discussion – what more can the police, business and the public do to help each other, including audience Q&A – Sharon McDonald Professor of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and a Chartered Psychologist at Sunderland University.
- Does a whistleblowing policy help cyber security and fraud prevention – Elizabeth Gardiner – Protect
- Can you insure your way to good cyber security – Andy Parkin – Bollington
- Discussion – The ethics of action or inaction, including audience Q&A – Caroline Theobald – NIBE
- Where do we go from here? – Phil Jackman
- Summary and close