International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN)
Event submitted on Wednesday, October 14th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
If networking (and secure communications) is part of your work then this event in Italy would likely be of interest.
Se il networking (e le comunicazioni sicure) fanno parte del tuo lavoro, allora questo evento in Italia potrebbe interessarti.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Wednesday, October 14th 2020, or created by us.
Since its creation in 1998, the International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN) has become over the years a well-established forum for scientists from both industry and academy who have an interest in the reliability and availability of communication networks, and related resilience topics.
The aim of the conference is to bring together people from various disciplines, ranging from the engineering of survivable equipment and network technologies to network management and monitoring, through methods and models for survivable and robust network design. As such, DRCN is a well-known forum for presenting excellent results and new challenges in the field of reliable communication networks and services.
We are pleased to invite you to contribute and participate in the 17th edition of DRCN in Milan, Italy, on April 19-22, 2021.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Resilience in 5G networks and services
- Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications (URLLC)
- Design of resilient and reliable IoT systems
- Resilience in Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Secure and reliable quantum communications
- Resilience in satellite communication networks
- High availability for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) infrastructures
- Network dependability in cloud networking
- Dependability and reliability of wireless/cellular/mobile networks
- Resilience in FSO/VLC communications
- Survivability and traffic engineering for optical, IP, and multi-layer networks
- Robustness of multi-domain networks
- Survivability in the grid and distributed computing
- Reliability and resiliency of data center networks
- Recovery of overlay and peer-to-peer networks
- Risk and reliability in the Internet and enterprise networks
- Communication reliability for smart city applications and intelligent transport systems
- Methods for survivable network and systems design, analysis, and operation
- Planning and optimization of reliable networks, systems, and services
- Network reliability analysis
- Reliability and robustness of networks optimized and managed based on AI/ML techniques
- Data analytics and Machine Learning for fault diagnosis
- Network coding techniques to improve resilience
- Service differentiation based on recovery methods
- Simulation techniques for network resilience
- Quality of Experience (QoE) and network service availability assessments
- Reliability requirements and metrics for users, businesses, and society
- Robustness of compound services
- Resilience and security of networked critical infrastructures
- Network robustness to natural disasters
- Robust network design for hostile environments
- Security issues in networks and their relation to survivability
- Network dependability and energy consumption trade-offs
- Network resilience combined with economics and commercial issues
- Standardization of network resilience and reliability
- Public policy issues for survivability and resilience
- Design and test of reliable operational technology (OT) networks