European Data Protection Days (EDPD) 2021
Event submitted on Thursday, October 1st 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
This would be an important and useful conference to attend for those working in the DACH region to sharpen their compliance and privacy knowledge.
Dies wäre eine wichtige und nützliche Konferenz für diejenigen, die in der DACH-Region arbeiten, um ihre Compliance- und Datenschutzkenntnisse zu schärfen.
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Thursday, October 1st 2020, or created by us.
Companies acquire, use, or share in the ordinary course of business vast amounts of data, including personal information covered by European data protection laws. Data protection issues must be considered in an acquisition from the outset and can have a significant impact on the value and terms of the deal, including whether or not to acquire certain data as part of the transaction, and how to value that data.
The experts Dr. Axel Kessler and Dr. Friedrich Popp have addressed the following questions:
- What are the intersections between M&A and data protection?
- Conducting a transaction is data processing – what is the GDPR framework?
- How to assess the target’s data protection compliance?
- What are the elements of a compliant due diligence process?
- Closing: How to transfer customer, supplier and employee data in a share or in an asset deal?