escar Europe 2021
Event submitted on Saturday, December 19th 2020, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
For those working in the automotive business, this is a superb (long-standing) event to attend. This year I believe that escar will be a hybrid event, taking place both online and physically. Please note that there is also escar USA 2021. We would like to thank the organizers for having to take the time to submit their escar conferences to our directory and wish them the best of luck with the conferences in 2021. Incidentally, for those that are interested, we have a resource here that lists all our recommended transportation conferences and events (that fit within a Cybersecurity remit).
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Saturday, December 19th 2020, or created by us.
For the first time in escar history, the 18th escar Europe took place as a virtual conference with the support of an all-new interactive online component – an event app with which you could also actively participate in the conference from all over the world.
The first virtual escar Europe was a complete success and we already started with the preparations for the next conference! escar Europe 2021 will take place as a hybrid conference to connect both worlds – virtual and on-site!
18 years of escar conference! Starting in 2003 in Germany the conference is now organized internationally due to its continuous success – Europe, USA, and Asia. Moreover, the conference reaches a higher number of attendees each year. The attendees and exhibitors enjoy insightful conference days, interesting talks, and good networking. Every year it proves again that escar is the leading Automotive Cyber Security conference in the world!
Modern cars have become complex digital devices and automotive Cyber Security is one of the most important issues. Therefore, the overall goal and objective of escar is to provide a forum for collaboration among private industry, academia, and government regarding modern in-vehicle Cyber Security threats, vulnerabilities, and risk mitigation/countermeasures. escar offers an opportunity for information exchange, networking, and is a platform to define research needs. International and high-quality speakers give recent insights and encourage discussions.
escar conference includes invited talks in the following areas:
- Security in the automotive life cycle, e.g., security engineering, safety & security co-design, formal methods, development & validation tools, security standardization, and security economics for the automotive domain
- Security technologies for automotive components and networks such as hardware security, OTA, sensors, microkernels, security architectures for automotive platforms, biometrics, CAN-bus security, gateways, immobilizer, access, V2X, tolling, intrusion detection, monitoring, automotive SIEM, etc.
- Future security technologies with application to automotive, e.g., distributed ledger technology, PUFs, AI, post-quantum algorithms, etc.
- Proofs-of-concept and architectures for the security of automotive systems and subsystems, e.g., automotive ECUs and platforms, handling big data, highly-automated and autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles and their backend infrastructures, cloud connection, etc.
- Security Analysis, e.g., car hacking, protocol analysis, risk analysis, etc.
- Further topics such as usability design, legal aspects, privacy and data protection, security for other transport systems like railway or aerospace