SANS New to Cyber Summit 2021
Event submitted on Wednesday, February 3rd 2021, approved by Charles Villanueva ✓
This event has been tagged as follows:
Conference Event Summary
The following description was either submitted by the Conference Organizer on Wednesday, February 3rd 2021, or created by us.
Kickstart Your Security Career
New to cybersecurity, looking for a career change, or just want to enhance your skill set? We can help!
Cybersecurity offers some of the most challenging and well-paying careers around, but by some estimates, up to 35% of cybersecurity jobs are going, unfilled today. The SANS New to Cyber Summit will get you started with the skills you need to succeed in the industry. This free online event brings together leading experts eager to share fundamental cybersecurity skills as well as advice on finding and landing that first security job!
Two tracks offer incredible networking with speakers and attendees
Our Skill-Building track offers a variety of tutorials for skills relevant to many cybersecurity disciplines, such as:
- Digital forensics
- Incident response
- Penetration testing & red teaming
- Detection engineering
- Cyber threat intelligence
Our Career Planning track is the place to be if you want to:
- Find out more about the many different types of cybersecurity jobs available
- Learn how to “read between the lines” of job descriptions to find what employers are really looking for
- Prepare for the first few months of your new cybersecurity job
- Plan for professional development and career advancement, even from your first day